Welcome to OpenMobile
OpenMobile is a free and open source, modular, multi-platform, mobile computing front end.
What makes this project unique
- All code GPLv3 (with one additional clarification)
- Written in .Net so it can be run on windows, linux or mac (currently only Windows supported)
- Uses a universal installer for effortless platform-independent installation of plugins and skins (not available yet)
- Written in C#.Net
- Fully Modular plugins on a shared framework and rendering engine.
- Fully Skinnable.
- Designed for a 5-7" screen with large buttons that can be used from a touch screen or manual input device (like a Griffin PowerMate, mouse or keyboard).
- Multi-zone capable.
- Easy to use while driving without taking your eyes off the road.
- Internal SQL based database instead of text config files.
- Created using Visual Studio in your .Net language of choice.
- Variety of plugins already available.
- Audio, Video, Radio, Streaming, Weather, Fuel Prices, Games and more.
- Currently OM uses MPlayer as it's backend player.
- Uses a internal SQLite DB for media index, allows for faster and smoother media browsing.
- Structured to make plugin developing a breeze.
- Many, many classes, methods and helper functions to help and aid plugin developers.
- Inter-plugin communication and subscribable data sources.
- Internal dynamic command handling to allow advanced commands to be easily used from the skin.
- Can support low level hardware including the fusion brain and custom control hardware (via a raw hardware plugins).